We’re thrilled to announce the Love Comes First: Creating LGBTQ Families book is now available!
In a complete three-in-one format, the book features:
- Inspiring, heartwarming (and sometimes challenging!) stories of families created through multiple ways and showcased with photographs.
- What the experts say about conceiving and raising children in LGBTQ families—from adoption to surrogacy.
- A tour through the biology and latest technologies of reproductive medicine from an LGBTQ perspective.
Written by Bradford Kolb, MD, FACOG and Melinda Maerker
Photographs by David Miller
Endorsed by some of the most known LGBTQ parents:
“Love Comes First: Creating LGBTQ Families shares beautiful stories to support all of us, no matter what stage in life you are. It’s a resource I wish I had twenty years ago—I love that this book exists now, and for future generations. We are so, so lucky to have these stories to encourage us to live authentically and with purpose, however that may look.”
– Nate Berkus, host of “Nate & Jeremiah by Design”
“Love Comes First: Creating LGBTQ Families is an inspiring resource for beginning your journey to parenthood.”
– Andy Cohen, host of “What Happens Live with Andy Cohen”
“Love Comes First: Creating LGBTQ Families shows us all the different ways to build families. It’s a lot more than a ‘how-to’ guide. It gives us hope and encouragement that our families will help make the world a better place.”
– Melissa Etheridge, multi-award-winning singer, songwriter, musician and activist
Watch Dr. Kolb on Anderson Cooper Full Circle:
“My family mean everything to me. I feel extraordinarily blessed to have my beautiful family which as a young, gay man, didn’t seem possible or acceptable in the 80s. But LGBTQ parents can be loving and protective parents just like anyone else and I hope we continue to break down the barriers that challenge or stigmatize LGBTQ families.”
– David Furnish, co-chief of Rocket Pictures along with his husband, Sir Elton John